Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Out Live Your Life

Wow, wow, wow. I just finished reading "Out Live Your Life" by Max Luado and it was another life-changing book. Lucado takes you back in time and looks at the stories from the first church in Acts and turns them into modern day tales. It is so easy to relate to what the first church was going through, and I felt like I was there with them. Each story then went on to challenge us modern day Christians how we can become involved in even the smallest things to really make a difference in this word. I have been challenged by this book to take action to really out live my life. There are so many easy ways to help others all over the world in a matter of minutes. I am thankful that Lucado brings these ways to our attention, but it is our responsibility to take the step to really make a difference.


Already I have taken action and sponsored a child through World Vision, sponsored a friend raising money for the cause for orphans, and I am talking to several people I know about helping to micro-financing others in third world countries. These all took a matter of minutes, and I challenge you to do something as well.

1 comment:

Katie Henry said...

Thanks for sharing!!! I have been thinkin/praying about what book to read next and i think i am going to get this one:) , my prayer as i started this school year was to SERVE others and I think this is perfect!!! thanks for sharing!